As the holidays approach, you may be thinking about hiring a professional to string lights on your home. You want your house to look great, but you also want the process to be safe. So, what kind of lights do professional Christmas light installers use?
When it comes to choosing Christmas lights, there are a lot of options on the market. But not all lights are created equal, and that’s especially true when it comes to safety and durability. If you’re hiring a professional to string lights on your home this holiday season, you should ensure they’re using high-quality, safe lights. So, what kind of lights do professional Christmas light installers use? Let’s take a look.
Mini Incandescent Bulbs
One type of light that professional Christmas light installers often use is the mini incandescent bulb. These bulbs emit a warm, traditional glow that many people associate with the holidays. Plus, they’re durable, so they can withstand cold weather and are handled frequently. However, mini incandescent bulbs are not as energy-efficient as some other bulbs, so they may not be the best option if you’re looking to save on your energy bill.
Another popular type of light that professional Christmas light installers use is the LED light. LED lights are very energy-efficient, so they’ll help you save on your energy bill during the holidays. They also emit a bright, clear light that can make your home stand out during the holidays. Other advantages of using LED lights for your Christmas display include:
- They’re more durable than other types of lights, so they’ll last longer
- They’re available in a wide range of colors
- They don’t generate heat, so they’re safer to use
- They don’t contain mercury, so they’re better for the environment.
Among professional Christmas light installers, commercial LED strings with co-axial connectors are exceptionally durable and one of the most popular styles. Businesses, in particular, love them because they can be left up all year without risk of weather damage since they’re made with thicker wire and more durable bulbs.
These lights are also available for home use and are a great option if you want lights that will last for years. They’re a bit more expensive than other types of lights, but they’re worth the investment if you want to save money and hassle in the long run.
C9 lights are another type of light that professional Christmas light installers often use. These large bulbs give off a bright light that can make your home stand out during the holidays. Plus, they have a nostalgic appeal that many people love. However, C9 lights can be more expensive than other types of bulbs, and they’re not as energy-efficient as LED lights.
What Should You Look for When Choosing Lights for Your Home?
Overall, professional Christmas light installers can use many different types of lights for your holiday display. When it comes to choosing the right lights for your home, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Look for energy-efficient lights: Energy-efficient lights will help you save money on your energy bill.
- Choose durable lights: Durable lights will last longer and stand up to cold weather and being handled frequently. LED lights are a good option if you’re looking for durability.
- Consider safety: Make sure the lights you choose don’t generate heat and don’t contain mercury. You want to ensure your holiday display is safe for your family and home.
- Think about the overall look you want to achieve: There are many different types of lights on the market, so you have many options to choose from. Think about the overall look you want to achieve for your holiday display before making your final decision.
Safety and energy efficiency should be your top priorities when choosing Christmas lights for your home. But you also want to ensure the lights you choose fit your budget and the overall look you’re going for.
Professional Christmas light installers can help you choose the right lights for your home and string them up safely and efficiently. Contact a local Christmas light installer today to get started. Make sure to ask potential contractors about the type of bulbs they use before making a final decision. Doing your research ahead of time can help ensure that your holiday display is both stunning and safe.